When you’re making positive changes in your life, it can sometimes be hard to find the energy you need on a consistent basis. Here are 8 tips that will help.
Archive | Weight and Lifestyle RSS feed for this section
There are serious health consequences for obese teens, and they start earlier than you think. Heart damage is associated with obesity at an early age.
Craving fatty, high-calorie foods? There’s a hormone for that. Ghrelin is produced by cells in the gastrointestinal tract when your stomach is empty, and its levels shrink when you’re full. In this respect it operates in the opposite way from Leptin, which increases when your body is satisfied and decreases when it wants calories. In […]
One simple way to beat the metabolic penalty trap is exercise. Build muscle mass. Muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat does, so building muscles causes your metabolism to function at a higher rate. Plan to stay active once you have lost weight.
Weight loss and keeping to your diet is a lifestyle process, not an occasional thing. Make it part of your life. Research shows that habits are powerful forces; if you make eating right and exercising regularly, then keeping to your diet regimen and meeting your weight loss goals will become part of everyday life rather […]
Gliding disks are an easy, portable, inexpensive and fun way to add some new exercises to your routine. Learn more about the benefits and how they’re used for strengthening your core.
There’s a better way to make New Years resolutions that actually has a good chance for success, and doesn’t set you up for salf-sabotage.
The only bright side of a sugar hangover is that you can beat it quickly with these tips, and gain a better understanding of the damage sugar is doing.
A 30 day strategy can be a good first step towards lifestyle change that helps you lose weight permanently. You can make a 30 day change. It’s up to you whether you continue.
Zumba dance classes are a surprisingly fun way to keep active and keep the weight off. Find one in your area and give it a try. Here’s what you’ll find.
- 8 Ways To Boost Your Energy July 8, 2016
- Thyroid Disorder And Weight Loss June 30, 2016
- Obese Teens And Future Health Consequences June 23, 2016
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus and Weight Loss June 16, 2016
- Lap Band Removal Rates June 9, 2016
- Ghrelin: the Hunger Hormone May 26, 2016
- There’s A Best Time To Exercise For Weight Loss September 14, 2015
- Childhood Obesity – A Family Issue June 3, 2014
- Eating Like a Caveman – An Introduction to Paleo April 7, 2014
- How to Keep Motivation to Lose Weight May 24, 2015
- Summertime Smoothie Bowls June 15, 2015
- Foods To Eat For Gut Health April 14, 2014
- Stephen: I had no idea how bad my sleep apnea was until som...
- Marchant: I think it is amazing information It will help a...
- DrBruce: That sounds like a healthy breakfast. Great that y...
- Eleanore Carter: I am planning to lose weight due to my health cond...
- Kamakoalii: I suggest to everyone to try the Paleo diet as it ...
- Sanoe Fukui.: I totally agree with this article and following th...
POB II (Physicians Office Building)
Queens Medical Center
1329 Lusitana Street, Suite 805
Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: (808) 551-4348
Fax: (808) 531-7207
Mary Savio Medical Plaza
98-1247 Kaahumanu Street, Suite 122
Aiea, HI 96701