Being overweight isn’t healthy, but did you know that there is a direct link between obesity and cancer? In fact, obesity puts you at higher risk for cancer than your genetics.
Archive | Weight and Lifestyle RSS feed for this section
While a well-rounded exercise program is always desirable, ensuring that you pay attention to core exercise is essential for health, as well as great abs.
Changing your behavior to drop pop and sugary drinks for healthy drinks is a necessary step to losing weight and keeping it off. Try these drinks out.
If you’re one of the 15% of the population with insomnia, it’s working against your efforts to lose weight. Here are some solutions to try for better sleep.
It’s important to measure body fat loss when losing weight, to get a real sense of your progress. Losing body fat is more important than losing weight. Here are seven methods to measure your body fat.
When you’re making positive changes in your life, it can sometimes be hard to find the energy you need on a consistent basis. Here are 8 tips that will help.
There are serious health consequences for obese teens, and they start earlier than you think. Heart damage is associated with obesity at an early age.
Craving fatty, high-calorie foods? There’s a hormone for that. Ghrelin is produced by cells in the gastrointestinal tract when your stomach is empty, and its levels shrink when you’re full. In this respect it operates in the opposite way from Leptin, which increases when your body is satisfied and decreases when it wants calories. In […]
One simple way to beat the metabolic penalty trap is exercise. Build muscle mass. Muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat does, so building muscles causes your metabolism to function at a higher rate. Plan to stay active once you have lost weight.
Weight loss and keeping to your diet is a lifestyle process, not an occasional thing. Make it part of your life. Research shows that habits are powerful forces; if you make eating right and exercising regularly, then keeping to your diet regimen and meeting your weight loss goals will become part of everyday life rather […]
- Extreme Weight Loss Is Achievable October 17, 2016
- Serious About Fat Burning? October 10, 2016
- Honolulu’s People’s Open Market Program (POM) September 30, 2016
- Lose Weight After 50 – 6 Critical Tips September 21, 2016
- Understanding the Obesity And Cancer Link September 15, 2016
- 5 Reasons To Choose Core Exercise September 7, 2016
- There’s A Best Time To Exercise For Weight Loss September 14, 2015
- Childhood Obesity – A Family Issue June 3, 2014
- Eating Like a Caveman – An Introduction to Paleo April 7, 2014
- How to Keep Motivation to Lose Weight May 24, 2015
- Summertime Smoothie Bowls June 15, 2015
- Coconut Oil is a Dietary Superfood February 24, 2014
- Dory: Thank you for the interesting article. I didn't ...
- Michael Hardwick: Hey, great share..... I am thinking of losing s...
- Stephen: I had no idea how bad my sleep apnea was until som...
- Marchant: I think it is amazing information It will help a...
- DrBruce: That sounds like a healthy breakfast. Great that y...
- Eleanore Carter: I am planning to lose weight due to my health cond...
POB II (Physicians Office Building)
Queens Medical Center
1329 Lusitana Street, Suite 805
Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: (808) 551-4348
Fax: (808) 531-7207
Mary Savio Medical Plaza
98-1247 Kaahumanu Street, Suite 122
Aiea, HI 96701