Eating or supplementing with probiotics can help you reduce your BMI and waistline, and help heart health, inflammation, cholesterol levels and more!
If you’re not eating much to lose weight, without the right precautions, you may be undermining your success ...
Creating a food diary really works to help you lose weight in a way that works with your ...
Score yourself on our Grocery IQ Test – do you have healthy, nutrient-dense foods in all these categories ...
It’s not enough to understand good snacks – you need to be aware of the deviousness of the ...
If you are pre-diabetic, it’s essential that you understand that you can take action to prevent diabetes and ...
Poor nutrition – a lack of proper nutrients – affects your body in a host of ways. It reduces your immunity, making you more susceptible to illness. It impairs mental faculties and contributes to several forms of mental illness. Malnourished children will not develop properly, both physically and mentally.
It’s important to measure body fat loss when losing weight, to get a real sense of your progress. Losing body fat is more important than losing weight. Here are seven methods to measure your body fat.
Probiotics are only one weapon against weight, but they are important for health in general. Processed foods – all too common in the diet of the western world – may actually harm our gut flora, so taking probiotics such as Lactobacillus Rhamnosus may be vital to maintaining good health.
Craving fatty, high-calorie foods? There’s a hormone for that. Ghrelin is produced by cells in the gastrointestinal tract when your stomach is empty, and its levels shrink when you’re full. In this respect it operates in the opposite way from Leptin, which increases when your body is satisfied and decreases when it wants calories. In […]
Dieting isn’t just about cutting back on what you eat. It’s about eating the right foods to help with weight loss while still getting proper nutrients. Here are some vegetables that are perfect for helping you lose weight. Broccoli Broccoli contains only 31 calories per cup, and it’s rich in vitamin C, A, B6, and […]
One simple way to beat the metabolic penalty trap is exercise. Build muscle mass. Muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat does, so building muscles causes your metabolism to function at a higher rate. Plan to stay active once you have lost weight.
Summer is fast approaching, so if you’re looking at building that beach body, now is the time to start. You still have enough time to shed pounds at a healthy pace. If your goal is to lose weight for the beach, and to look good for that summer vacation, here are some tips to get […]
Weight loss and keeping to your diet is a lifestyle process, not an occasional thing. Make it part of your life. Research shows that habits are powerful forces; if you make eating right and exercising regularly, then keeping to your diet regimen and meeting your weight loss goals will become part of everyday life rather […]
Leptin is a powerful hormone that influences both appetite and the desire for exercise. Early research into it showed considerable promise as a weight loss aid, particularly thanks to a study at Columbia University in New York.
- Probiotics and Your Waistline August 22, 2016
- Six Foods for Maintaining Proper Nutrition as You Lose Weight August 14, 2016
- Curing Insomnia Helps Weight Loss August 6, 2016
- Ketosis: What You Need to Know July 28, 2016
- 30-Day Trial For Weight Loss July 21, 2016
- How To Measure Body Fat Loss July 14, 2016
- There’s A Best Time To Exercise For Weight Loss September 14, 2015
- Childhood Obesity – A Family Issue June 3, 2014
- Eating Like a Caveman – An Introduction to Paleo April 7, 2014
- How to Keep Motivation to Lose Weight May 24, 2015
- Summertime Smoothie Bowls June 15, 2015
- Avoiding Food Pusher Traps September 28, 2015
- Stephen: I had no idea how bad my sleep apnea was until som...
- Marchant: I think it is amazing information It will help a...
- DrBruce: That sounds like a healthy breakfast. Great that y...
- Eleanore Carter: I am planning to lose weight due to my health cond...
- Kamakoalii: I suggest to everyone to try the Paleo diet as it ...
- Sanoe Fukui.: I totally agree with this article and following th...
POB II (Physicians Office Building)
Queens Medical Center
1329 Lusitana Street, Suite 805
Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: (808) 551-4348
Fax: (808) 531-7207
Mary Savio Medical Plaza
98-1247 Kaahumanu Street, Suite 122
Aiea, HI 96701