Craving fatty, high-calorie foods? There’s a hormone for that. Ghrelin is produced by cells in the gastrointestinal tract when your stomach is empty, and its levels shrink when you’re full. In this respect it operates in the opposite way from Leptin, which increases when your body is satisfied and decreases when it wants calories. In […]
If you’re not eating much to lose weight, without the right precautions, you may be undermining your success ...
Creating a food diary really works to help you lose weight in a way that works with your ...
Score yourself on our Grocery IQ Test – do you have healthy, nutrient-dense foods in all these categories ...
It’s not enough to understand good snacks – you need to be aware of the deviousness of the ...
If you are pre-diabetic, it’s essential that you understand that you can take action to prevent diabetes and ...
Dieting isn’t just about cutting back on what you eat. It’s about eating the right foods to help with weight loss while still getting proper nutrients. Here are some vegetables that are perfect for helping you lose weight. Broccoli Broccoli contains only 31 calories per cup, and it’s rich in vitamin C, A, B6, and […]
One simple way to beat the metabolic penalty trap is exercise. Build muscle mass. Muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat does, so building muscles causes your metabolism to function at a higher rate. Plan to stay active once you have lost weight.
Summer is fast approaching, so if you’re looking at building that beach body, now is the time to start. You still have enough time to shed pounds at a healthy pace. If your goal is to lose weight for the beach, and to look good for that summer vacation, here are some tips to get […]
Weight loss and keeping to your diet is a lifestyle process, not an occasional thing. Make it part of your life. Research shows that habits are powerful forces; if you make eating right and exercising regularly, then keeping to your diet regimen and meeting your weight loss goals will become part of everyday life rather […]
Leptin is a powerful hormone that influences both appetite and the desire for exercise. Early research into it showed considerable promise as a weight loss aid, particularly thanks to a study at Columbia University in New York.
Understanding the role of fat cells in weight loss can be very helpful in understanding what to eat and why those choices can help you shed pounds. Fat Cells Store Excess Calories The primary purpose of a fat cell is to store energy. As humans evolved, food wasn’t always available on a consistent basis. When […]
Gliding disks are an easy, portable, inexpensive and fun way to add some new exercises to your routine. Learn more about the benefits and how they’re used for strengthening your core.
- Ghrelin: the Hunger Hormone May 26, 2016
- Vegetables For Promoting Weight Loss May 18, 2016
- Metabolic Penalty: Reality or New Myth? May 11, 2016
- Lose Weight For The Beach May 3, 2016
- Keeping to Your Diet: Tips to Ensure You Lose Weight and Keep it Off April 30, 2016
- Dispelling the Salad Myth April 25, 2016
- There’s A Best Time To Exercise For Weight Loss September 14, 2015
- Childhood Obesity – A Family Issue June 3, 2014
- Eating Like a Caveman – An Introduction to Paleo April 7, 2014
- How to Keep Motivation to Lose Weight May 24, 2015
- Summertime Smoothie Bowls June 15, 2015
- Coconut Oil is a Dietary Superfood February 24, 2014
- Hazel Owens: I didn't realize that sleep apnea was so serious!...
- Kim: Cucumbers are very high in water and fiber and ext...
- Marie Watson: I didn't realize that sleep apnea is such a dange...
- anna liedman: great work...
- DrBruce: Yes, I've written about High Intensity Interval T...
- DrBruce: In most cases (barring medical issues), whatever f...
POB II (Physicians Office Building)
Queens Medical Center
1329 Lusitana Street, Suite 805
Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: (808) 551-4348
Fax: (808) 531-7207
Mary Savio Medical Plaza
98-1247 Kaahumanu Street, Suite 122
Aiea, HI 96701