Dieting isn’t just about cutting back on what you eat. It’s about eating the right foods to help with weight loss while still getting proper nutrients. Here are some vegetables that are perfect for helping you lose weight. Broccoli Broccoli contains only 31 calories per cup, and it’s rich in vitamin C, A, B6, and […]
Tag Archives | weight loss
One simple way to beat the metabolic penalty trap is exercise. Build muscle mass. Muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat does, so building muscles causes your metabolism to function at a higher rate. Plan to stay active once you have lost weight.
Leptin is a powerful hormone that influences both appetite and the desire for exercise. Early research into it showed considerable promise as a weight loss aid, particularly thanks to a study at Columbia University in New York.
Apples have many health benefits. Here’s a roundup of a few, particularly those of interest to people losing weight. Oh, and a sugar-free applesauce recipe.
Weight management and yoga are a natural combination. There are at least five reasons why the practice of yoga can help your weight loss long term.
Coconut oil is a dietary superfood that supports weight loss, and is one of the best fats you can choose for a healthy lifestyle. Learn why.
Adding just a couple of these low carb substitutes for popular foods could make a big difference in lowering and maintaining your weight over time.
Pedometers are proven to increase physical activity and decrease body mass and blood pressure. Here’s how to choose a pedometer for your weight loss program. They’re not expensive, and they can be fun.
- Vegetables For Promoting Weight Loss May 18, 2016
- Metabolic Penalty: Reality or New Myth? May 11, 2016
- Lose Weight For The Beach May 3, 2016
- Keeping to Your Diet: Tips to Ensure You Lose Weight and Keep it Off April 30, 2016
- Dispelling the Salad Myth April 25, 2016
- Leptin: Weight Loss Holy Grail? Not So Fast. . . April 12, 2016
- There’s A Best Time To Exercise For Weight Loss September 14, 2015
- Childhood Obesity – A Family Issue June 3, 2014
- Eating Like a Caveman – An Introduction to Paleo April 7, 2014
- How to Keep Motivation to Lose Weight May 24, 2015
- Summertime Smoothie Bowls June 15, 2015
- Coconut Oil is a Dietary Superfood February 24, 2014
- Marie Watson: I didn't realize that sleep apnea is such a dange...
- anna liedman: great work...
- DrBruce: Yes, I've written about High Intensity Interval T...
- DrBruce: In most cases (barring medical issues), whatever f...
- Susan L. Olson: I'm now 175 lbs, with a waist of 33 inches, and b...
- Jamie Alison: Hey Bruce I'd like to add 1 thing. If you don't ...
POB II (Physicians Office Building)
Queens Medical Center
1329 Lusitana Street, Suite 805
Honolulu, HI, 96813
Tel: (808) 551-4348
Fax: (808) 531-7207
Mary Savio Medical Plaza
98-1247 Kaahumanu Street, Suite 122
Aiea, HI 96701